||5/11/2009 8:30:29 AM
Our client is seeking a VB.Net Programmer with 1-3 years of .Net programming experience. They offer excellent benefits and very compteitive salaries.
This position is responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of in-house software applications and related application service requirements. Must be able to design, code, test, debug, and document software programs utilizing VB.NET, Microsoft SQL Server and Visual FoxPro.
• Provide technical user support for existing applications.
• Provide general help desk support for branch and corporate personnel.
• Perform daily and weekly network administrative duties such as daily backup, adding users and installing software.
• Utilize analytical skills for the interpretation of business functions and for researching and resolving system problems.
• Must be able to interview end users and create detailed program specifications for new programs or program enhancements.
• Maintain, develop, test, catalog and debug programs for in-house software applications according to program specifications.
• Have project leadership responsibility for small size projects including the preparation of detailed specifications from which software programs will be written.
• Continuously strive to improve branch office support; will identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness; will participate in initiatives to address service issues.
• Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating and/or identifying issues that inhibit the accomplishment of project goals and recommending or implementing corrective actions.
• Complete training as directed by management to develop additional technical and interpersonal skills as required.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Job Requirements (Education & Experience):
• A Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience
• VB.NET (1) to(3) years experience
o Intermediate level of experience in VB.NET and at least 3 years experience in developing VB.NET applications
o Object Oriented Programming (OOP) – Understands inheritance, encapsulation, abstraction, polymorphism and overloading.
o Windows Applications (EXEs) – Understands how to create, debug and deploy Windows applications.
o Use of Visual Source Safe for team development
• SQL Server (1) to (3) years experience
o Knowledge of SQL necessary for table joins, index optimization and SQL query optimization.
o Aggregate functions – Understands and knows how to properly use aggregate functions in SQL
o Create and maintain database maintenance plans.
o Must also be knowledgeable in establishing and monitoring data backup and recovery procedures
• Preferred skills include: Visual FoxPro , Developer Express, Strata-Frame.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; the ability to effectively communicate with management, branch locations, outside consultants, and vendors.
Essential Physical Requirements:
• Work is performed in a climate-controlled environment.
• Must be able to maneuver in an office environment.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to use office equipment.
Please submit all resumes to email@example.com